Join the forces of the best hackers in Lithuania
Hacker Games: Kaunas
Get Ready For The Survival!
March 2-4 in Kaunas.
Hackers, engineers, designers, UX masters, marketers, business developers and all those who want to build stuff – here is a weekend for you.
H A C K E R G A M E S is an event that pools eager entrepreneurs, software developers and engineers into a confined space for two days and challenges them to create a cool killer product.
This time there will be 4 tracks: S O F T W A R E, H A R D W A R E, G A M E S and HEALTH TRACK. All tracks will have different mentors and tools, separate winners and judging criteria. Start generating your ideas now!
We are looking for people who are motivated to solve real problems, people who are capable to develop fine products, people who are passionate about innovation and ready to escape from their daily routines. You can do whatever you want – create a new carpooling app, design a next world-wide known game, some SaaS solution or build a cool gadget for Internet of Things lovers. The only condition here is that you create something from scratch – possibilities should be equal for all as you will compete for P R I Z E S:
- 1000 EUR for an industry trip from GameInsight for Games track winners
- 600 EUR from Tesonet and Telesoftas for II place winners of Games track
- Free exhibition booth from GameOn for the best Games track team
- Two VIP tickets to GameOn Conference for each of 3 best teams in Games track
- One year Unity subscription for best project created with Unity engine
- 1000 EUR for the team with best solution for the problems proposed by Trustpilot (any track)
- 800 EUR from Tesonet and Telesoftas for the Software track winners
- 600 EUR from Tesonet and Telesoftas for the Hardware track winners
- 500 EUR from Kaunas University of Technology for the most promising Hardware track product
- 1000 EUR from Society of Innovative Medicine for Health track winners
- 400 EUR from Society of Innovative Medicine for Health track II place winners
- Invitation to a two-day Life Sciences Entrepreneurship Masterclasses for Health track winners
- Flight tickets to the selected destination from ADEO WEB for the most Creative team (any track)
- Tickets to the boost camp ChangeMakers’ON for a team with the best social innovation
- Driving simulation training and real outdoors driving experience from Simuliatoriu akademija for best solution of their “Eye movement and position tracking” problem
- There will be more! Keep a close eye on updates!
Problems proposed by Trustpilot:
- Ensuring traceability of online customer reviews with Blockchain
- Using Facebook Messenger-based chatbots for real-time reaction to negative online reviews
- Finding fraudulent behavioral patterns (e.g. creating fake online reviews)
- Augmented Reality-based showing trust score on retail store-fronts
- Detecting “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon” between online reviews
Trustpilot is awarding a team with best solution for any of the given problems with 1000 EUR!
Start generating your ideas now!
How will everything work?
- it’s a 48 hours event, so be ready to work till late at night or even overnight, we will make sure that you would be filled with coffee and have a corner for a nap;
- you come on Friday evening, pitch your idea, form teams and start developing products;
- mentors from various professional backgrounds will come to help you in the process, so do not panic if you are stuck with your product;
- you will have to prepare your final pitch and show your best in front of the Jury on Sunday afternoon, winners will get it all!
What will you get?
- workspace for you and your team with high speed internet;
- food and beverages free of charge for you;
- possibility to stay at the workspace overnight;
- T-Shirt and other nice giveaways;
- prizes for the best products developed over the weekend.
You can start talking about it Now!
Hacker Games is the series of hackathons organized by Enterprise Lithuania and Startup Lithuania. There were already 10 hacker games:
– First took place in Klaipėda in September 2015;
– Second event was in Vilnius in November 2015;
– Third event in Kaunas in March 2016;
– The fourth in Vilnius in June 2016;
– The fifth in Klaipėda in September of 2016;
– The sixth in Vilnius in November of 2016;
– The seventh event took place in Kaunas last March;
– Eighth Hacker Games occurred in Vilnius last June;
– Ninth Hacker Games took place in Klaipėda last September;
– Last anniversary hackathon was in Vilnius last November.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Antanas Urbonas, project manager at Startup Lithuania, firstname.lastname@example.org
RULES AND FAQ
Don't miss a thing!
- You must create something from scratch.
- You must present your idea at pitching session on Friday.
- Friday pitches are limited to 1 minute. A slide or two is welcome.
- Sunday (final) pitches are limited to 3 mins + 3 mins for Q&A.
- Only working prototypes will be eligible for awards!
Who can attend?
We encourage all creative minds to join us – developers, designers, engineers, marketers, business developers and others.
How much does this cost?
It’s 100% free to take part in Hacker Games.
What should I bring?
Besides motivation and passion, participants should bring a laptop, a charger, and other tools you might need in your creative journey. A toothbrush, sleeping bag, and a change of clothes is recommended should you spend the night at the venue.
How big are the teams?
To take advantage of our diverse community, we encourage you to work with individuals you do not know. Team size is not strictly limited, just do your best to present your idea OR to join one during and right after the pitches!
Should I bring my food?
We will have free food, snacks and drinks, but you can bring your own. Just keep the venue clean and respect others!
Will there be a lounge?
We’ll have a bean bag zone.
Do I have to pitch?
Yes, if you want to work on it and to form a team. If you are bringing just your skills to the event and want to join ideas you’ll be hearing during the pitching session, please at let us know what you are good at whilst registering. In this case, you don’t need to pitch
Who can compete for prizes?
Only working prototypes will be eligible for awards!
I have a different question. Who can I ask?
Please get in touch with email@example.com
Take a look and don't miss a thing!
Registration - Arrive at the venue and get checked in
Dinner & Networking - Eat food, share ideas, practice pitches, get to know fellow participants
Welcome & Speakers - Review agenda and introduce speakers, mentors and organizers
Innovations in the pharmaceutical industry – how to discover the breakthroughs? - Presented by Mindaugas Plieskis from Johnson&Johnson
Pitches Start - Participants line up and pitch their ideas by the track – Software, Hardware, Games, Health Track
Form teams - participants are sharing their ideas and forming teams
Begin Work - Teams are formed, set up workspace and begin to work
Begin Work - Teams formed and setting up workspace for the weekend
Mentor consultations - Software, Hardware, Games and Health track
Wrap-Up - Finished for the day
Begin Work - Teams continue working on their product
Work continues - Teams are finishing their products
Presentation Prep & Tech Check - Final hours of hackathon are focused on the presentation
Final Presentations - Teams pitch their ideas and answer questions from jury
Judging & Awards - Jury evaluate teams and announce winners
Wrap-up & Dinner - Event is closed, dinner & networking
Hacker Games will take place in Kaunas, KTU Santaka Valley!
K. Baršausko str. 59, Kaunas, 51423
··· and all Hardware building and brainstorming is welcome to take place in Makerspace.lt ···
only 600 m away from KTU Santaka Valley!
Tunelio str. 60, Kaunas (entrance from Motorų str.)