Join the forces of the best hackers in Lithuania
Hacker Games: Kaunas
Get Ready For The Survival!
March 10-12 in Kaunas.
Hackers, engineers, designers, UX masters, marketers, business developers and all those who want to build stuff – here is a weekend for you.
H A C K E R G A M E S is an event that pools eager entrepreneurs, software developers and engineers into a confined space for two days and challenges them to create a cool killer product.
There will be 4 tracks: S O F T W A R E, H A R D W A R E, G A M E S and C R O S S M E D I A. All tracks will have different mentors and tools, separate winners and judging criteria. Start generating your ideas now!
We are looking for people who are motivated to solve real problems, people who are capable to develop fine products, people who are passionate about innovation and ready to escape from their daily routines. You can do whatever you want – create a new carpooling app, design a next world-wide known game, some SaaS solution or build a cool gadget for Internet of Things lovers. The only condition here is that you create something from scratch – possibilities should be equal for all as you will compete for P R I Z E S:
- 1000 EUR in cash for the winners of Hardware Track from KTU Startup Space
- 500 EUR in cash for the winners of Cross Media track from Nebula Cluster
- 600 EUR in cash for the winners of Software track from TeleSoftas
- 1000 EUR for an industry trip from GameInsight
- Tickets to GameOn 2017 for authors of the most interesting game
- And more! Keep a close eye on updates!
How will everything work?
- it’s a 48 hours event, so be ready to work till late at night or even overnight, we will make sure that you would be filled with coffee and have a corner for a nap;
- you come on Friday evening, pitch your idea, form teams and start developing products;
- mentors from various professional backgrounds will come to help you in the process, so do not panic if you are stuck with your product;
- you will have to prepare your final pitch and show your best in front of the Jury on Sunday afternoon, winners will get it all!
What will you get?
- workspace for you and your team with high speed internet;
- food and beverages free of charge for you;
- possibility to stay at the workspace overnight;
- T-Shirt and other nice giveaways;
- prizes for the best products developed over the weekend;
- foosball, Xbox, Oculus Rift and other gadgets.
You can start talking about it Now!
Hacker Games is the series of hackathons organized by Enterprise Lithuania and Startup Lithuania. First event took place in Klaipėda in September 2016, second event in Vilnius in November, third event in Kaunas last March, the fourth in Vilnius last June, the fifth in Klaipėda in September and the sixth in Vilnius last November.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Rimante Ribaciauskaite, Head of Startup Lithuania, firstname.lastname@example.org
Register now. Hacker Games: Kaunas are free to take part in.
RULES AND FAQ
Don't miss a thing!
- You must create something from scratch.
- You must present your idea at pitching session on Friday.
- Friday pitches are limited to 1 minute. A slide or two is welcome.
- Sunday (final) pitches are limited to 3 mins + 3 mins for Q&A.
- Only working prototypes will be eligible for awards!
Who can attend?
We encourage all creative minds to join us – developers, designers, engineers, marketers, business developers and others.
How much does this cost?
It’s 100% free to take part in Hacker Games.
What should I bring?
Besides motivation and passion, participants should bring a laptop, a charger, and other tools you might need in your creative journey. A toothbrush, sleeping bag, and a change of clothes is recommended should you spend the night at the venue.
How big are the teams?
To take advantage of our diverse community, we encourage you to work with individuals you do not know. Team size is not strictly limited, just do your best to present your idea OR to join one during and right after the pitches!
Should I bring my food?
We will have free food, snacks and drinks, but you can bring your own. Just keep the venue clean and respect others!
Will there be a lounge?
We’ll have a bean bag zone.
Do I have to pitch?
Yes, if you want to work on it and to form a team. We will have an idea and pitch polishing event a week before Hacker Games. If you are bringing just your skills to the event and want to join ideas you’ll be hearing during the pitching session, please at let us know what you are good at whilst registering. In this case, you don’t need to pitch
Who can compete for prizes?
Only working prototypes will be eligible for awards!
I have a different question. Who can I ask?
Please get in touch with email@example.com
Take a look and don't miss a thing!
Registration - Arrive at the venue and get checked in
Dinner & Networking - Eat food, share ideas, practice pitches, get to know fellow participants
Welcome & Speakers - Review agenda and introduce speakers, mentors and organizers
Presentation on Product Development -
Pitches Start - Participants line up and pitch their ideas
Voting - Attendees vote for the top pitches
Form Teams - Teams start forming and discussing ideas
Begin Work - Teams are formed, set up workspace and begin to work
Begin Work - Teams formed and setting up workspace for the weekend
Check Point - Status reports, call for help
Coach Meetings - Mentors individually consult teams
Wrap-Up - Finished for the day
Begin Work - Teams continue working on their product
Coach Meetings - Mentors individually consult teams
Presentation Prep & Tech Check - Final hours of hackathon are focused on the presentation
Final Presentations - Teams pitch their ideas and answer questions from jury
Judging & Awards - Jury evaluate teams and announce winners
Wrap-up & Dinner - Event is closed, dinner & networking
Hacker Games will take place in Kaunas’ Santaka Valley!
K. Barsausko 59, Kaunas, LT