Join the forces of the best hackers in Lithuania
Hacker Games: Vilnius
Get Ready For The Survival!
November 25-27 in Vilnius Tech Park
Hackers, engineers, designers, UX masters, marketers, business developers and all those who want to build stuff – here is a weekend for you.
H A C K E R G A M E S is an event that pools eager entrepreneurs, software developers and engineers into a confined space for two days and challenges them to create a cool killer product.
This time a hackathon is in Vilnius and it will be stronger and better than ever. It is brought to you by CSC, a company leading its clients on their digital transformation journeys. CSC wants to share its experience of providing next-generation technology services and solutions with the participants of Hacker Games!
Also, Hacker Games: Vilnius will take place in the brand new and super exciting Vilnius Tech Park, the new core of the ecosystem abuzz with startups and creative minds!
There will be 4 tracks: S O F T W A R E powered by Startup Highway, H A R D W A R E powered by VGTU LinkMenų Fabrikas, G A M E powered by Game Insight, and S M A R T E N E R G Y powered by Lietuvos Energija. All tracks will have different mentors and tools, separate winners and judging criteria. Start generating your ideas now!
Speaking of ideas, we have another novelty. We all wish to create something meaningful and to build ground for long term products. For this reason, we’ll have an mandatory session a week before Hacker Games for those who will be pitching their product ideas at the beginning of the event! Our mentors will help you to polish both your software/hardware/game/smartenergy idea and your pitch so you can gather the best possible team from the audience! Exact day of this event will be announced soon!
We are looking for people who are motivated to solve real problems, people who are capable to develop fine products, people who are passionate about innovation and ready to escape from their daily routines. You can do whatever you want – create a new carpooling app, design a next world-wide known game, some SaaS solution or build a cool gadget for Internet of Things lovers. The only condition here is that you create something from scratch – possibilities should be equal for all as you will compete for P R I Z E S:
- €1000 Gift Card For Gadgets Of Your Choice from Game Insight
- €500 in Cash from Startup Highway
- Deeper PRO+ For The Best Engineer at the Hardware Track from Deeper
- 12 Month Subscription to Unity Pro (with iOS Pro, Android Pro, Team license) from Unity
- €1000 in Cash for the Winners of Smart Energy Track from Lietuvos Energija
- 3-month Membership for the Winners of Hardware Track at VGTU LinkMenų fabrikas
- And more! Keep an eye on updates!
How does it work?
- it’s a 48 hours event, so be ready to work till late at night or even overnight, we will make sure that you would be filled with coffee and have a corner for a nap;
- you come on Friday evening, pitch your idea, form teams and start developing products;
- mentors from various professional backgrounds will come to help you in the process, so do not panic if you are stuck with your product;
- you will have to prepare your final pitch and show your best in front of the Jury on Sunday afternoon, winners will get it all!
What will you get?
- workspace for you and your team with high speed internet;
- food and beverages free of charge for you;
- possibility to stay at the workspace overnight;
- T-Shirt and other nice giveaways;
- prizes for the best products developed over the weekend;
- foosball, Xbox, Oculus Rift and other gadgets.
You can start talking about it Now!
Hacker Games is the series of hackathons organized by Enterprise Lithuania and Startup Lithuania. First event took place in Klaipėda last September second event in Vilnius last November, third event in Kaunas last March, the fourth in Vilnius this June and the fifth in Klaipėda in September.
Startup scene in Lithuania is powered by Startup Lithuania and Enterprise Lithuania. Enterprise Lithuania is a public entity fostering entrepreneurship and export in the country. At the same time it is the coordinator of Startup Lithuania community.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Rimante Ribaciauskaite, Sr. Project Manager at Enterprise Lithuania, email@example.com
Get ready for the survival! Only one of you will stay as a winner. Your guns will be ideas, lines of code and persistence.
RULES AND FAQ
Don't miss a thing!
- You must create something from scratch.
- You must present your idea at pitching session on Friday.
- Those who will pitch must attend a pre-event one week before Hacker Games.
- Friday pitches are limited to 1 minute. A slide or two is welcome.
- Sunday (final) pitches are limited to 3 mins + 3 mins for Q&A.
- Only working prototypes will be eligible for awards!
Who can attend?
We encourage all creative minds to join us – developers, designers, engineers, marketers, business developers and others.
How much does this cost?
It’s 100% free to take part in Hacker Games.
What should I bring?
Besides motivation and passion, participants should bring a laptop, a charger, and other tools you might need in your creative journey. A toothbrush, sleeping bag, and a change of clothes is recommended should you spend the night at the venue.
How big are the teams?
To take advantage of our diverse community, we encourage you to work with individuals you do not know. Team size is not strictly limited, just do your best to present your idea OR to join one during and right after the pitches!
Should I bring my food?
We will have free food, snacks and drinks, but you can bring your own. Just keep the venue clean and respect others!
Will there be a lounge?
We’ll have a bean bag zone.
Do I have to pitch?
Yes, if you want to work on it and to form a team. We will have an idea and pitch polishing event a week before Hacker Games. If you are bringing just your skills to the event and want to join ideas you’ll be hearing during the pitching session, please at let us know what you are good at whilst registering. In this case, you don’t need to pitch
Who can compete for prizes?
Only working prototypes will be eligible for awards!
I have a different question. Who can I ask?
Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a look and don't miss a thing!
Registration - Arrive at the venue and get checked in
Dinner & Networking - Eat food, share ideas, practice pitches, get to know fellow participants
Welcome & Speakers - Review agenda and introduce speakers, mentors and organizers
Presentation on Product Development -
Pitches Start - Participants line up and pitch their ideas
Voting - Attendees vote for the top pitches
Form Teams - Teams start forming and discussing ideas
Begin Work - Teams are formed, set up workspace and begin to work
Begin Work - Teams formed and setting up workspace for the weekend
Check Point - Status reports, call for help
Coach Meetings - Mentors individually consult teams
Wrap-Up - Finished for the day
Begin Work - Teams continue working on their product
Coach Meetings - Mentors individually consult teams
Presentation Prep & Tech Check - Final hours of hackathon are focused on the presentation
Final Presentations - Teams pitch their ideas and answer questions from jury
Judging & Awards - Jury evaluate teams and announce winners
Wrap-up & Dinner - Event is closed, dinner & networking
Hacker Games will take place in Vilnius Tech Park!
Antakalnio 17, Vilnius, LT